Skip to content
- “Particle-in-cell studies of fast-ion slowing-down rates in cool tenuous magnetized plasma”, Eugene S. Evans, Samuel A. Cohen, and Dale R. Welch. Physics of Plasmas 25, 042105 (2018); https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5022188
- Thrust Modeling and Space Power papers at the 2018 AIAA Propulsion and Energy Forum
- Fusion-Enabled Pluto Orbiter and Lander, Stephanie J. Thomas, Michael Paluszek, Samuel Cohen, Nick McGreivy, and Eugene Evans, AIAA Space Forum, September 2017.
- A direct fusion drive for rocket propulsion, Yosef S Razin, Gary Pajer, Mary Breton, Eric Ham, Joseph Mueller, Michael Paluszek, Alan H Glasser and Samuel A Cohen, Acta Astronautica, Number 1, pp 145–155, December, 2014, also from IAC 2012.
- “Passive Superconducting Flux Conservers for Rotating-magnetic-field-driven Field-reversed Configurations,” C.E. Myers, M.R. Edwards, B. Berlinger, A. Brooks, and S.A. Cohen, Fusion Sci. Technol. 61 (January 2012) 86-103.
- “Formation of Field-reversed-configuration Plasma with Punctuated-betatron-orbit Electrons,” D.R. Welch, S.A. Cohen, T.C.Genoni, and A.H. Glasser, Phys. Rev. Lett. 105 (2 July 2010) Article No. 015002
- “The Princeton FRC Rotating-Magnetic-Field-Experiment RF System,” C. Brunkhorst, B. Berlinger, N. Ferraro, and S.A. Cohen, Abstract for the 22nd IEEE/NPSS Symposium on Fusion Engineering 2007 (SOFE2007), (17-21 June 2007, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA).
- “Formation of Collisionless High-beta Plasmas by Odd-parity Rotating Magnetic Fields,” S.A. Cohen, B. Berlinger, C. Brunkhorst, A. Brooks, N. Ferraro, D.P. Lundberg, A. Roach, and A.H. Glasser, Phys. Rev. Lett. 98:14 (6 April 2007) Article No. 145002.
- “Onset and Saturation of Ion Heating by Odd-parity Rotating Magnetic Fields in a Field-reversed Configuration,” A.S. Landsman, S.A. Cohen, and A.H. Glasser, Phys. Rev. Lett. 96:1 (13 January 2006) Article No. 015002.
- “Resonance and Chaotic Trajectories in Magnetic Field Reversed Configuration,” A.S. Landsman, S.A. Cohen, M. Edelman, G.M. Zaslavsky, Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation 10:6 (September 2005) 617-642.
- “Regular and Stochastic Orbits of Ions in a Highly Prolate Field-reversed Configuration,”A.S. Landsman, S.A. Cohen, and A.H. Glasser, Phys. Plasmas 11:3 (March 2004) 947-957
- “Ion and Electron Acceleration in the Field-reversed Configuration with an Odd-parity Rotating Magnetic Field,” A.H. Glasser and S.A. Cohen, Phys. Plasmas 9:5 (May 2002) 2093-2102.
- “Ion Heating in the Field-Reversed Configuration by Rotating Magnetic Fields near the Ion-Cyclotron Resonance,” S.A. Cohen and A.H. Glasser, Phys. Rev. Lett. 85:24 (11 December 2000) 5114-5117.
- “Maintaining the Closed Magnetic-field-line Topology of a Field-reversed Configuration with the Addition of Static Transverse Magnetic Fields,” S.A. Cohen and R.D. Milroy, Phys. Plasmas 7:6 (June 2000) 2539-2545
- “Method To Reduce Neutron Production in Small Clean Fusion Reactors,” S. Cohen, US Patent Number 9,767,925 issued 9/19/2017.
- “Method To Produce High Specific Impulse and Moderate Thrust From a Fusion-Powered Rocket Engine,” S. Cohen, G. Pajer, M. Paluszek, Y. Razin, US Patent Number 9,822,769 issued 11/11/2017.
- “In Space Startup Method for Nuclear Fusion Rocket Engines,” Paluszek, M., Ham, E., Cohen, S., and Razin, Y. Patent Pending, August 2013, Number 20150055740.